1. We lost. At home. Again. Though we did hold our own against the number 2 team in the nation. But we still had the opportunity to win if we had taken some smarter shots. But that is neither here nor there. We can’t go back and replay the game, so we must look forward to FSU and see that it is really our very last chance to make it into the NCAA Tourney. ESPN this morning said that we were now part of the the “first four out” along with Maryland, so if we beat FSU, we will be .500 in the ACC and have a much better chance of getting in than we do now. Everyone say your prayers starting tonight.
On a related note, I want to preface this with the disclaimer that I don’t like basketball, was never good at it, and do not claim to know anything about it, but can someone tell me if the whole foul-at-the-end-of-the-game-so-they-are-forced-to-make-free-throws-rather-than-field-goals gameplan has ever worked?
2. T.O. got his ass released. What a douche. I hope no other team signs him and he ends up doing commentary on ESPN/ABC and gets in an on air fight with Keyshawn Johnson.
3. Manny Ramirez finally got a deal with the Dodgers. Two years, $45 million. So, after all the moaning and groaning, the forgetting what knee he hurt, the intentionally sitting out an important game, all the other shit he gave the Sox, the refusing of Dodger offers 80 times, and the being a complete dickhead, Manny made $5 million more than what the Red Sox were offering in the first place. Let’s hope being labeled as a spoiled brat who cries when he doesn’t get his way was worth it.
4. On the other side, Kurt Warner lowered his proposal to the Cardinals from $14-16 million/year to $11.5 million/year, and then signed with them for two years.
5. Japan kicked off the World Baseball Classic early this morning with a 4-0 win over China. Japan has so many good players that Ichiro played right field, the fat kid position. They’re going to win this thing again, hands down.
6. Some more bits of news: The Ravens resigned Ray Lewis. The Coast Guard officially called off the search for the two lost NFL players and the other operator of the boat they were on. The Cavs and Celtics clinched playoff berths. ARod might be out of the WBC due to a bum hip.
That’s all we got right now, but if any other breaking news comes out today, rest assured, we’ll break it.